If you have been having a rough time lately or are just in need of that little boost of inspiration and hope, I would like to share this with you today. Also, this post can be helpful to those who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding on mental illness even further. Here are some random, but important points I have made and wrote regarding mental illnesses. I thought I’d share them hoping they can be of some help to others and provide some insight as well.
Here are some helpful tools and points I would like to share:
- Each time we fall to the ground, we always gain experience and learn more about ourselves. Strategies to make us stronger. We understand what it feels like to be on top of the world and at rock bottom. I’m pretty sure we have felt just about every emotion possible and that can be a truly great gift. Not everyone gets to view or experience these types of feelings.
- Mental illness has become something that we just don’t talk about. A “secret.” Heck, we NEED to talk about it. Keep an open mind, listen, and accept.
- Bipolar does NOT mean you have two different personalities and it is NOT a personality flaw by any means.
- Bipolar Disorder can’t really be something you ever recover from, but more of a survival/fight or improvement. Wouldn’t you agree?
- First step to stability and treatment is to admit to or recognize the problem & find a solution. Take control- You are stronger than the problem.
- Living with a mental illness offers greater insight and compassion.
- I’ve noticed in times where I’m not doing so well, I’ve said repeatedly, “I don’t want to feel like this anymore.” That is the time I choose to do something about it.
- Sometimes you just have to wake up and tell yourself “I’m going to have a good day. I deserve it.”
- Laughing is one of my favorite things to do. Make it a priority in your own life and watch your happiness grow.
- Laugh and smile even when you don’t feel like it because that is when you really need it. Try it out!
- Life is full of ups and downs, but it’s worth every second of them. You only live once. Keep moving forward, feel the moment, and enjoy.
- “You are never given more than you can handle” and I strongly believe that.
- Everyday is a new day. Enjoy today for what it is and try not to dwell on tomorrow.
- I notice I tend to tell myself to calm down a lot and other things like “It will be okay, Kait.” I do this a lot and it sometimes helps with anxiety. Try it out for yourself. Always treat yourself well.
- Avoiding or ignoring something doesn’t make it just go away.
- Do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Be yourself. Don’t live to please others, but show respect. No one is as perfect as they may
seem. Therefore, no one should expect anyone else to be.
- The only person who can fix and make you feel better is YOU.
- If you begin having feelings of hopelessness, remind yourself that you are strong enough to work through it and that things always get better.
- Breathe in, breathe out. Be grateful for all the things accomplished and the strengths. Try not to focus on faults or set-backs.
- Referring to relationships: One of the worst things you can do is try to make yourself believe that you are happy when inside it’s killing you. Been there, done that. Never settle for less than YOU deserve. Trust me, it will be worth it.
- Everyone deserves equality… EVERYONE.
- I can be over emotional, an over-thinker, filled with overwhelming amounts of anxiety, but I’m a person just like you. Fight the stigma!
- NOT ALL people who live with bipolar or other mental illnesses lie, cheat, steal, do drugs, drink, hurt themselves, or are violent.
Inspiring quotes from some inspiring people to make your day a bit brighter:
“I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
“I believe that every person is born with talent.” -Maya Angelou
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.” ~Benjamin Franklin
“Listen to your intuition. You will be amazed at what you already know.”
“We need to consider how our actions, in affecting the environment, are likely to affect others.”
“It is a very hard undertaking to seek to please everybody.” – Publilius Syrus
“Let my heart beat louder, let my heart speak louder than my head” -Louder lyrics by Charice
“Whatever you are, be a good one.”
“If someone woke up in the middle of an operation, it would hurt a fair bit. Unfortunately, therapy doesn’t have anesthetic – use self-care.”
“If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” ~ John Maxwell
“It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.” – Katherine Mansfield
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” -Lao-Tzu
“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.” -Frank Clark
“If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Andrew Carnegie
“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot & hang on.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Give love and unconditional acceptance to those you encounter, and notice what happens.” – Wayne Dyer
“Minds are like parachutes – they only function when open.” -Thomas Dewar
“The reason people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go instead of how far they have gotten.”
“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” – Marie Curie
“Life throws the bad things at us to make the good things all the more worthwhile.”
“Absurdity and anti—absurdity are the two poles of creative energy.” — Karl Lagerfeld
“Clear your energy, honor your rhythm, live your vision ” — George Denslow
“It’s not your job to like me – it’s mine.” – Byron Katie
“I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it”~ Frank Howard Clark
“Cling to your imperfections… They’re what makes you unique.”
“Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.” -Albert Einstein
“Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” – Les Brown
“Above all things, never be afraid. The enemy who forces you to retreat is himself afraid of you at that very moment.” ~ Andre Maurois
“We must hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, and lose in order to gain. Because some lessons in life, are best learned through pain.”
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life” -Harvey Fierstein
“Instead of being positive or negative, right or wrong, I strive to simply be AUTHENTIC.” -Mastin Kipp
“It’s easy to tell someone to face their fears, but until you put yourself in their shoes, you wouldn’t understand.”